Joel Proskewitz is a sought after presenter and speaker, presenting both locally in the UK and also abroad. He presents both his own material and is also one of the lead instructors for the McGill clinical and trainer's courses. His current schedule is:
- Equinox health clubs - Kensington, London - December 2017 - Closed group - in house staff training
- McGill 1 and 2 - Rome, Italy - 10th-13th February 2018 - open to clinicians and trainers - sign up link
- McGill Performance 1 and 2 - Sao Paulo, Brazil - 24-25th February 2018 - open to clinicians and trainers - sign up link
- Prof McGill and Joel Proskewitz - PerformanceRx, London 2018 - 2-4 March 2018 - TBC
- McGill Performance 1 (McGill 4) - Porto, Portugal - 10th March 2018 - open to clinicians and trainers - sign up link
McGill Performance 1 - Back Mechanic - working with the back pained client
This one day course is for personal trainers and clinicians. Learn how to assess the causes (motions, postures and loads) that are back pain triggers. Then, based on the assessment, learn to eliminate the trigger to allow the pain to desensitize. This builds a client to receive your training. The third component guides the building a pain-free foundation for movement. Get the latest scientific evidence on back exercise - what helps and what hurts, and why.
- Instructor: Joel Proskewitz
- Date: New dates coming in 2018
- Location: PerformanceRx - 79-81 Fairfax Road, London, NW6 4DY
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to put your name on the waiting list for the 2018 courses
This one day course is for trainers and performance specialists who deal with clients with back pain. Both lectures and workshops provide delegates with background information on the mechanisms that cause back pain and how these can be assessed and addressed with movement and exercise programming that adhere to the principles of Professor McGill. This process creates clients who are then liberated to begin training. Then specific principles are workshopped to create pain-free and injury resilient movement/motor patterns, that allow further programming by the trainer. *This is both a lecture and workshop, so please bring appropriate training gear*
- Introduction 30 mins
- Self Assessment 90mins (find the pain)
- Removing the cause: Spine Hygiene 90mins (Pain avoidance - build resilience)
- Building the foundation for a pain-free and resilient Back 90mins (how to begin rehab)
- Tuning the machine 90mins
- Conclusion - Q&A 30 mins
- Further information about the McGill 4 course can be found here
The course organisers reserve the right to make any and all changes to the course, including but not limited to fees, dates and venue for the course. In the event that the course is cancelled or re-scheduled by the course organiser, a full refund of fees will be given, but the organiser takes no responsibility for travel or accommodation expenses incurred by the delegate. If for any reason you are unable to attend the course, a full refund will be given, less a £50 administration charge, for all cancellations at least 21 days before the event.
Cancellations received less than 21 days prior to the seminar date will unfortunately not receive a refund, however you may transfer the course to another person.